Thursday, August 12, 2010

Albums everyone should have

One of the great things about Itunes is the fact that it tells you how many times you have listened to a song...and as such it tells you how often you have listened to a specific album.

(These stats go back as far as 1-31-07)

What is the number one album that I have listened to?

No surprise here...."The Soul Cages" by Sting. (51 times)

An absolute masterpiece...it's hard to put how great this album is into words, it is a sonic experience...I have been listening to it continuously since I got it in 1991.

Number two "The Joshua Tree" by U2 (49 times) The definitive U2 album...The classic of my generation.

Number three "Nothing Like the Sun" by Sting. (46 times) A truly great record, amazing musicianship, sonically beautiful, and as always the classic vocals.

1 comments:

Grandma Dee said...

Garrett, not surprised about Sting and U2. I love Sting and some of his songs are my most listened to. The others I listen to a lot are Norah Jones, Colbie Caillat (got tickets to their concerts at the Greek), Dido, John Mayer, Jason Mraz. Learned of a lot of other similar artists through "Genius" on my iTunes. Love how you have influenced us all to become an Apple family.

Also, I love how neat it is having a really cool stepson who knows all about great music and things Mac.

Hugs,
Grandma Dee