Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I'm just a Patsy"


(JFK in the last moments of his life)

I would be remiss if I didn't write a post on the 45 anniversary of the JFK assassination.  Oswald shot Kennedy 45 years ago from the Texas School book Depository building and one insignificant malcontent changed the course of our history.  

When I was in high school I became obsessed with the conspiracy, first believing in the wild theory that there was at least one more shooter than Oswald, then disbelieving it after interviewing Bill Sayers dad, a former FBI agent who was in charge of the Jack Ruby aspect.  

Then of course I completely believed again in the conspiracy after Oliver Stone's movie came out.....Then a few years later I read Gerald Posners definitive "Case Closed" which uses meticulous reasoning and primary research to debunk all conspiracy theories.  Also 5 years ago ABC had the definitive documentary which proves once again that Lee Oswald acted alone.  

Anyways, I need to get myself to Dealy Plaza one day, I want to spend the whole day, walking around the depository, the grassy knoll, the trains tracks, etc.   

One more thought....I can no longer stomach watching the Zapruder film....they replay it 3 times in "JFK" (he went back and to the left because he had addisons disease and was strapped in to a back brace the size of an ironing board)  also they need to lock down the pictures of the President on the slab that anyone can easily access from the internet.  It is in an insult to Caroline and the rest of the family, the pictures are sickening....  anyways....45 years ago folks....where were you?  (I was negative 10 years old)

5 comments:

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

I was in school, San Gabriel High School, which is close to Pasadena!

Mennis

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

A very sad day in history to say the least. I can still remember being at lunch when I was in Junior High and the announcement over the P.A. that JFK had been shot and had died. It was unbelievable to say the least.

I saw a picture in the O.C. Register today of the Sheriff that had himself handcuffed to Oswald right before Ruby shot him. It looked so staged. I will be one of the people that will always believe that Oswald did not act alone. And the fact the Ruby was able to get so close to Oswald and kill him without any problem will always make me wonder who was really behind the assasination of JFK. Love ya, Susan

Garrett said...

I know it's hard to believe that Ruby was able to walk right up and shoot Oswald..but if you study the reasons why you will find out some interesting things...

1. Jack Ruby was a colorful Dallas strip club owner who was very well known inside the police department. That is one of the reasons he had the access, he was there every other day almost, almost a policeman wannabe.
2. Jack Ruby action was not pre-meditated...he shot Oswald at 11:21 A.M. exactly four minutes before this he had completed a western union transfer at a location 200 steps away from the police station. This western union was time stamped 11:17 A.M.
3. There is much more on the Ruby angle, but this fact alone makes it astoundingly unlikely that Ruby was part of a conspiracy to shoot Oswald.
4. There could have been any number of factors that could have prevented Ruby, like the western union teller taking 30 seconds more on his slip, or the people in line ahead of him!!

Bottom line is this: People can't reconcile the fact that our president was taken out by a simple malcontent. And because of that they have believe he had to have been felled by a greater enemy.

But Susan my friend it took you 10 years to admit to yourself what you knew all along to be true with OJ....so there is hope :)

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

O.J. did it??? Love ya, Susan

Paula said...

I was a sophomore at University High when it was announced and every class had a radio on, teachers and students were crying. What a terrible day.
We actually saw the grassy knoll in Dallas when we took Mike to see Baylor. We didn't have time to see the museum though...will have to go back someday!