Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In the Shadow of the Moon

Neil Armstrong..living legend



We have "From the Earth to the Moon" which is the reference standard miniseries on the Apollo Space program...and Apollo 13, and the the Right Stuff...But there is a new documentary that came out this year that interviews some of the 12 men who walked on the moon.  All of them now are in their 70's and 80's....this documentary is extremely well done and gives us some great insights from the men themselves.  These men were the smartest and best pilots in the world, and it is still amazing what they have done.  So make it a point to get this documentary..the only bummer was the fact that Neil Armstrong declined.  I actually met Buzz Aldrin, but it was when I was 13 years old.  I didn't know I was meeting one of the most significant men in the world at the time!  Oh well....I have no picture with him...no autograph...if I did I would have it proudly displayed in my house.  But if I could meet one man living on the earth, if I could shake hands, and get my picture taken....Paul McCartney would be a close second....but Neil Armstrong would be that person.   

1 comments:

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Sounds like a good one Garrett. Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up a DVD for Grandmas house so the timing is perfect.

love ya, Susan