Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Dodgers!!!!!!



Since 1988 the Dodgers have made the postseason five times (this year is the fifth)  Until this year they have been swept  in 3 of those, and won only one 1 game in the 2004 series.  It has been tough folks.  (Yes it could be tougher I could be a KC Royals fan)  But anyways, tonight, just like magic, the Dodgers demoralized the Cubs with a grandslam and never looked back, winning the game 7-2.  And stealing home field advantage!!!!!  Now the absolute worst thing that can happen in game 2 is that we come out of the series tied 1-1 with the next two at home!!  I was burned in 1996, 1997, 2004, and 2006.  I was almost expecting it this afternoon, but no!!!!

I texted Matt and told him that I feel like it is Xmas morning.....this is my team folks, I went to 24 games this year, follow the Dodgers avidly dare I say "religiously?"    I will be at game 3 sitting on the field level behind home plate, and also at game 4 if necessary this Sunday, on the Loge level on the first base side.  For game 2 I have to watch that game mostly on my Iphone, because I have to work at a conference in Woodland Hills.....but dare I say I will be taking a few trips to the bar during breaks...not to have a few belts folks, but to sneak a peek at the game on TV

Go Blue!!!!!

2 comments:

Baptist_Mike_in_Utah said...

1 down, 10 to go!

Billingsley and Kuroda could put us in great shape.

I am just not sure if I want a Freeway series or see Manny play in Fenway and hear the crowd greet him.

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

What a GREAT game!! Congrats to Dodger Blue. I only wish my Angels would have whipped the Red Sox. Oh well there is always tomorrow night. love ya, Susan